Welcome to the 2017 Art From Trash. Last exhibition was one of our best ever with a record number of entries and visitors.
There were a few changes last year in the application process which received great positive feedback. A couple of you missed the paper version of the application but please bear with us as online applications reduce paperwork considerably and allows us to concentrate on other priorities to make the exhibition great. If a paper version is the only way you can enter send your addresss by email to email@example.com and we will mail you one.
Please note our major motivation in running this event is to educate people in the potential value of what we throw away, within an artistic context, to reduce waste and help save the world. If in the process artists get to sell their works and make some money and we get a little off the top to support the costs of running the event then so much the better.
2017 Opening Night Friday 26 May 6pm
2017 Exhibition Dates - 27 May - 4 June 10 - 5pm
- Artwork must be delivered to venue Tues 23 May between 8am - 6pm
- Artwork must be collected from the venue Mon 5 June between 8am - 6pm
- People's Choice - All artworks are automatically eligible for this award.
- S.C.R.A.P.S - Sustainable Creative Arts Practices for community groups and school entries
- Trash Rats - Works made by young people 18yrs and under
- Worn Issues - Wearable Art Award
OPENING NIGHT - You and your guests are invited to the opening night soiree on Friday 26 May at the Long Gallery starting at 6.00pm. Free event but it would be appreciated if you could RSVP here for catering purposes.
How to Enter:
- Read this page to the end :)
- Look at the entry form to see what information you are required to provide
- Pay your entry fee
- Fill out the entry form
- Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Fee: $25 for a single artwork under 1.2m square $50 for all larger single works. All payments are online through Trybooking. There is a very small booking fee.
Generally speaking if you are entering multiple works for sale then each work must have it's own entry form and fee paid. If your exhibition entry is not for sale and can be displayed close together under 1.2m then you can enter them as one work. If your artwork is a series of smaller pieces, for example jewellery, or smaller items with a combined sale value of under $150 then most likely you can enter it as one work. If your artwork is a series with a combined value much greater than $150 then each item needs it's own entry form. If your work is somewhere in between or you are now really confused email or call me, Lucinda email@example.com / 0428 603 299 first to check/negotiate.
I am sure you can appreciate our efforts to be fair.
Commission: The comission amount payable to Resource on the sale of items remains at 25% for the first item sold and 35% for any subsequent sales.
Artworks should be delivered:
ON: Tuesday 23 May | 8.00am – 6.00pm
TO: Long Gallery |Level 2 | Salamanca Arts Centre | 77 Salamanca Place
Please remember it is the responsibility of all artists to deliver or arrange delivery of their artworks during this time only. Late artworks will not be accepted.
Artworks should be collected:
ON: Monday 5 June | 8.00am – 6.00pm
FROM: Long Gallery | Level 2 | Salamanca Arts Centre | 77 Salamanca Place
Please remember that a $50 per day fee is applied for artworks not collected on time.
Conditions of Entry
- All artworks are to be made from discarded/salvaged materials.
- All artworks are to be the original work of the artist/s.
- All delivery and pick-ups are the responsibility of the artist/s.
- A fee of $50 per day will be charged to artist/s for each artwork not picked up on the specified day.
- All artworks are to remain at the Long Gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- All sculptural work must be safe and freestanding. Plinths are limited at the gallery. If you provide your own it must be painted flat white and safe to handle.
- All artwork to be hung on walls must be supplied with eyelets to allow the use of the gallery hanging system.
- Resource Work Cooperative Soc. Ltd. will not be responsible for the loss or damage to any artworks during the exhibition.
- Artists are advised to insure their own artwork against loss or damage for the duration of the exhibition.
- Resource Work Cooperative Soc. Ltd. reserves the right to photograph artworks in the exhibition for further use, including posting images on the internet.
- Resource Work Cooperative reserves the right to reject any artworks not deemed suitable or appropriate for the exhibition.
Contact info if you have questions:
AFT Producer Lucinda Toynbee Wilson.
You can get in contact with me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 0428 603 299.